A.G. Betts & Son

Date of birth
Dec 1942
Date of death
1988
Biography
Alfred George Betts began business as a printer in Nelson around 1892, publishing the Church Recorder for the Diocese of Nelson. Business premises were located on town acre 158, Hardy Street, Nelson. Alfred G Betts also published books, pamphlets and programmes for individuals, companies, churches and colleges. The limited liability company of A G Betts & Son was formed in December 1942, the directors being Alfred George Betts, Alaric Grindley Betts and Emily Doris Betts. The company remained a family business, Conrad W G Betts becoming a company director in 1944, and John Torrance Betts in 1963. The company's office remained on the same site in Hardy Street, Nelson (later part of the Montgomery Arcade) until the company closed in 1988.
the company closed in 1988.

Records donated by John Betts, former company director, son of Alaric Grindley Betts, and grandson of Alfred George Betts.

Share

Made by this person