Nelson Arts Festival, 13-23 October, [2006]

Maker and role
Publisher: Nelson City Council
Production date
2006

Production place
Nelson/Nelson Region/New Zealand
Description
Includes a message on page 3 from the Festival's patron, Jane Evans and Mayor, Paul Matheson.
Object type
Measurements
47 p. : ill. (some col.), 1 col. map ; 15 x 21 cm.
Maker biography
Nelson City Council had its first meeting in August 1874 and took over the functions of the Nelson Board of Works. The Council moved to the empty offices of the Nelson Examiner newspaper on the corner of Trafalgar Street and Selwyn Place (known today as 1903 square). The Council offices remained on this site for many years, with new municipal buildings being built in 1903. The Council moved to Civic House, Trafalgar Street, in 1991.

For many years the Nelson Institute was funded by subscriptions from members and a little financial support from Council. Finally after much public debate and lobbying over a number of years, the Nelson City Council agreed to take over the running of the Nelson Institute’s Library in 1965.
Subjects
Festivals and events - Nelson - Programmes
Nelson Arts Festival
Credit line
Nelson Arts Festival, 13-23 October, [2006]. Nelson N.Z. : Nelson City Council.

Share

Comments


Be the first to comment.