Ribet, Mr

Photo collection reference number
49631
See full details

Object Detail


Description
Copy of a photograph of a man with a full beard.
Object type

Collection type


Colours


Share

Comments


Jacques Ribet (1835-1890), a Frenchman known also as John and James. Early Murchison settler who had a farm on the Four rivers Plain, later owner of the Hope Junction Accommodation House. See "John Ribet (1835-1890). From France to Kawatiri: MIne host of the Hope Junction Hotel" at the Prow website http://www.theprow.org.nz/yourstory/john-ribet/

- Anne McFadgen

Posted on 21-11-2016 03:45:43