Richmond, house

Photo collection reference number
161465
See full details

Object Detail


Description
View of a large two storey house and gardens, thought to be Washbourne Gardens.
Object type

Collection type


Colours


Share

Comments


This house was built by Dr H O Washbourn, known as Pete, in 1924, It was named ‘Tillingdown’ after family property in Surrey. He died in 1927 and Dr Currie bought the property, continuing the medical practice in downstairs rooms. Two generations of the Currie family lived here until 1987, when the local council bought the property and took some of the land to expand Washbourn Gardens. The Curries established much of Washbourn Gardens, planting many trees and all involved in maintenance. It is often referred to locally as Currie House. The house has been owned by Nick & Deborah Moore as a family home since 1989.

- Deb Moore

Posted on 12-07-2019 20:29:18