Stamp, Shipping - Waimea
A hand stamp reading Waimea. The Waimea was a ship built for the Anchor Shipping and Foundry Company in 1909 and operated by the line until 1928 when she was sold to the Union Steam Ship Company of New Zealand. The Waimea was then bought back in 1935 and operated until 1939. The size of the stamp is consistent with those used to enter a ship's name on seaman's discharge papers. However it is unclear if this stamp was used aboard the ship or a shipping company office.
See full details